top of page

City 2 - 1 Loughborough Dynamo

It’s fair to say City have found greater comfort away from home so far this season but after the last gasp win at Bridge Road a fortnight ago against Yaxley, hopes were raised and the team were determined for a positive result against 8th placed Loughborough Dynamo.

There were a number of changes to the starting XI from the last league outing at Stamford. Into the side came Matty Miles, Brad Gothard, Isaac Maynard, Tommy Rigby, Dan Cotton and Tom Waumsley, the latter two having scored on their debuts in the CIC match at Wisbech St Mary in midweek following their moves from Yaxley and Stamford respectively. Yaw Ofusu was suspended after picking up a 5th booking last week. Scott Bridges, Mikey Davis and Jake Stronge were injured absentees. In bright November sunshine City began the match on the front foot, playing some excellent passing football with Maynard and Rigby bringing plenty of energy in midfield.

On 20 minutes the breakthrough came, a typically direct run from Nolan had the Loughborough defence backtracking. Goalkeeper, Lewis King, could only manage to parry his shot and Tom Waumsley was on hand to hammer home the loose ball. It was an important goal in a half played at a high tempo but with very few clear cut chances for either side. Loughborough started the second half with renewed purpose, eager to get back on level terms but City were well organised and did well to nullify a number of good attacks.

Ed Rolph was introduced just after the hour mark for Ryan Ingrey and he almost made an immediate impact with a quick turn and shot that flew over the bar. The game was in the balance with Loughborough pressing but City looking dangerous on the break. In the 71st minute a rare defensive lapse allowed Loughborough danger man Kevin Da Silva Bastos to get in behind and Matty Miles trying to retrieve the situation could only impede the forward who hit the deck. The referee had no hesitation and pointed to the spot. Dynamo's prolific scorer Bastos stepped up and made no mistake to level the score. In a frantic and nail biting last 20 minutes the action was end to end. The decisive goal came on 83 minutes and it was delight for City. Dan Cotton showing his goal scoring prowess by latching onto a great pass, powering through on goal and finding the net with a firm shot that deflected in via a desperate defender. The Lilywhites saw out remaining ten minutes with few scares and an important win from a great team performance will give them lots of confidence moving forwards.

12 views0 comments


bottom of page